Wednesday, April 20, 2011

JON MCLAUGLIN!! and other stuff

CRANE COUNT: 33

So, this actually happened like last week, but that was BB (before blog..haha) so here's the big news: crane number 12 went to one of my FAVORITE musicians ever, Jon McLaughlin!! (if you don't know who he is, check this out http://www.myspace.com/jonmclaughlin) Some friends (the amazing Kate, Lora, Sarah, Art, Megan, and Mfish) and I went to his concert at Uindy this Saturday.

It was a pretty awesome concert- we got to sit in the SECOND row reserved seats...probably because they could see we were pretty much his biggest fans there (or at least most obnoxious, one of the two!). He is really adorable to watch playing the piano, no other way to describe it lol...I'm sure you would agree if you saw him!! He writes all his own music and sings while playing the piano. While playing the harmonica. Talent, no? Just kidding, he doesn't play the harmonica while he sings...he uses one of these things. I know, great picture, right?


Him and Bobby, awesome backup vocalist and guitarist

But anyways, at the end, as we were standing in line to meet him and get our t-shirts signed, I got the idea that I should make crane for him! sooo i madly looked around for a piece of paper. Finally Mary saved the day with her handy-dandy book of mini notebook paper. I made a crane in pretty much record time (we were already pretty close to the front), numbered it, and then actually got a pic with him and the crane! He said "I'll keep this as my mascot!" which I guess I'll take as meaning he thought it was pretty cool:)




CRANE NO. 12!!


Matching shirts


signed shirt:)


today's cranes: 31, 32, and 33


My econ prof


Beth! and her mini crane:)
Ariana ( business law buddies!)


OK last thing! If you want to see the full list of crane pictures, here is a link to the picasa web album: https://picasaweb.google.com/117401697619023713525/TheCraneEffect?feat=directlink

3 comments:

  1. bleh now you make me go to two different websites??? haha ohwell, still good job girlie

    Im doing this anonymousy so you dont know who i am...but watch out for cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate! wait how am i making you go to two different websites? And i pretty much knew who this was even before cupcakes were mentioned. Haha.

    ReplyDelete