Tuesday, April 26, 2011

CONFESSIONS OF A CRANE-MAKER

CRANE COUNT: 55

I confess....I have had *gasp* an official one-crane day since the last post. I know, "slacker, slacker!" they say, "you still have not even gotten to 1 percent!" Oh well, as long as I don't totally skip a day, I think the world will be ok:)

By the way, I need to work on my crane-giving speech. You know, the one you give when you want to give a peace crane away to a complete stranger? I'm sure you all have had that experience before;)  Thoughts on how to go about this..? Vote on your favs:

a) YO here's a crane mind if I take your picture ok thanks *snaps photo* bye!!

b) Excuse me, could you do me a favor? Ok, thanks! I am doing a project to raise awareness and raise money for post-disaster relief in Japan by making and giving away 1,000 cranes. Would you like to participate by taking  crane number ____? (wait for response) If you would like to donate money, send an email to thecraneeffect@gmail.com or donate directly to one of the major organizations such as Red Cross or UNICEF. If you do so, please email me so I can keep track of how much money is raised!

c) Hey! I'm doing a project in which i'm trying to fold and give away 1,000 peace cranes to random people. Would you like to take crane no ___?

d) Get a shirt that says "free cranes" and where it everywhere I go

d) WTH why ask? just shove it in their hands and snap the picture:)


OK so some of those ARE actually serious! Please tell me what you think=)

Here are the cranes I have folded since last post:

No. 47!! Caleb has been a loyal follower of this blog ever since the veryyyy beginning..a whole, what..week or so? Sorry about the blurry picture=P ipod cameras are not all that awesome sometimes 

No. 48!...Molly (and Courtney) with her crane on Easter Sunday. I felt pretty special to have a waiting  list that day hehe:)

Luke with his super mini crane (no. 49). This is definitely my smallest crane so far....made out of part of a business card.  Skill, no?;)

Alex and crane no. 50.....good job holding it upside down! Maybe i should have put the picture in upside down...?

Pictures of crane recipients for 51, 52, and 53 yet to come...stay posted  !

Little Max loved his crane no. 54! however, he had way too much fun running away while screaming "NOO CAMERA!!" to let me get a good picture of him haha

AND finally, Laura with crane 55!

Oh and crane no. 2 needed a picture since I didn't decide to take people's pictures at the beginning!

Josh with his girls and crane number two. He has actually gotten *gasp* three cranes!! However, one of them died after being flown violently into the carpet, and the other one mysteriously disappeared..hmm I wonder how that happened?


Well, that's it for news in the world of endless crane-folding. I hope to send my first out-of state cranes away soon wohoo!!  So long, farewell, and have a wonderful Wednesday:)

6 comments:

  1. UuuuM MOst definitely the second D haha. or B that one sounds official. haha this is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha oh dear...technical difficulties! I totally meant for there to be two d's;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have reached 1% of 1000.1% is 10. 10% is 100. You are just over 5% =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! 6% now lol=D

    haha i realized i messed up the percentages in the first post after i published, but you can't edit sadly...so now everyone can see that 4 years of high school math gives you the inability to calculate percentages correctly hahaha=P

    ReplyDelete
  5. but the rest of the us didn't complain...or ..well even realize for that matter. or were we all just being nice? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. let's just stick with saying no one noticed;) but with a ton of home schoolers reading this, idk how i didn't get called out sooner haha

    ReplyDelete