Monday, April 18, 2011

27 down, 973 to go

CRANE COUNT: 27 (0.03%)


Hello small part of the world that will read this blog!


If you didn't already know, my mission is to fold 1,000 paper peace cranes, number them, and give them to 1,000 different people. 


Making cranes has always been my thing. Ever since I learned origami in elementary school, it has become almost second nature to fold any spare piece of paper I find- napkins, notebook paper, old flashcards, even wrapping paper- into cranes. I gave them to friends, left them on restaurant tables next to the tip, handed them to crying babies in hot crowded airplanes, folded napkins for fancy dinner parties into cranes, and even used them to decorate birthday presents. Sometimes people keep them, some throw them away. Sometimes I talk to them years later and they say "hey, aren't you the one who made that origami bird out of a napkin? It's still sitting in my living room window, by the way!" 


I have probably folded hundreds of cranes during my lifetime, and about a week ago I decided I just need to start counting. 


Who knows how far I will get with this project, but I plan to have as much fun as possible along the way...


PEACE out;) 
Christine


p.s. please follow and invite your friends!! Comment with your ideas...I would love to add a charity aspect to this project somehow, maybe donating money to the relief effort in Japan and Christchurch..? If you want a crane, comment...there will be plenty to go around;)

No comments:

Post a Comment