Tuesday, December 20, 2011

It's gonna be another beach Christmas

My family specializes in vacationing to weird places during off-season. First Tortola, British Virgin Islands during the hurricane season, and now Pensacola Beach, Florida during the winter...

The thing is, I like it this way. Eliminate the crowds and heat, and you get miles of pure white sand beaches all to yourself! The native Floridians do look at me strangely from underneath their layers of sweatshirts, jackets, and parkas, but a Florida winter is, as predicted, very much like a New Zealand summer. Which calls for t-shirts, shorts, and flip flops. As for the swimming thing, it is yet to happen. I did, however, go on an early morning (hah, considering 8:30 early) sea kayak trip in the rain in which I got completely soaked! I have decided just about the most peaceful feeling in the world is sitting by yourself by the ocean in the middle of the night. Tell me I'm crazy, but if you get the chance one day, try it!

Since I've gotten here, I've made and given away three cranes. I call that success!

268- Grace at Sunset Lifestyles, Destin FL. This is where I finally got some Toms!  I haven't bought any before because...well, although they are cool and all, I am super cheap. And Toms are anything but cheap. However, I love the idea behind the company and I decided to finally look past the price tag... (http://www.toms.com/our-movement)

169- Lisa, Pensacola Visitor's Center 
George & Gisela, National Naval Aviation Museum, Pensacola FL
And here are a couple I didn't post earlier:

164- Abbie, 96th Street Steakburgers, Carmel IN


165- Mindi, Steak N' Sheak, Carmel IN

167- Megan (and the turkey!), Carmel IN
Well that just about sums things up! It is currently my sister's birthday, so happy birthday Jenny!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment