Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Just sharing the love around

CRANE COUNT: 83 (8.3 percent)

That's it...first round of finals are over! I've had wayy too much caffeine and too little sleep in the last couple days...! Isn't it odd that as a preschooler, naps were of the highest degree of evil, while now in high school/college, you look forward to naps? I'm not ashamed..I love my naps:)

Well I'm pretty proud of myself- haven't slacked off too much from the crane mission. Getting close to 100!!

I've finally decided on the perfect crane-speech for strangers:

"Hey, could you help me with a project? I'm trying to fold 1,000 origami peace cranes and give them to 1,000 different people. Could you take crane ___?" Usually they're totally confused at first, then really love the idea once they realize exactly what I'm doing.

My favorite part of this project is has to be seeing people's reactions. They range from totally excited.."DUHH of course you can take my picture for your blog!!" to confused...(I think the Goodwill girl still gets the prize for that one)...to refusal..

Sometime, I just want to go to a crowded public place (mall, downtown Indy, concert, ect.) and randomly hand out cranes. In some ways I was sorta inspired by the whole the free hugs idea which I have always thought was really cute and creative. Make a "free cranes" t-shirt? Idk...but I think that would be pretty fun.

These are the cranes I've made since last post: (some are missing cuz people have to send me their pictures, and some numbers are saved as a special request)

61- Carla and Cindy at the Fishers library
62- Misty

63- Peter's crane made out of a Starbucks rewards thing

64- Bridget finally gets a crane!

65- Josie (she's a pirate!) OHHH reminds me...totally getting psyched for the next Pirates of the Caribbean!! Coming out May 20th. Which just so happens to be the same day as prom. Gonna be a busy weekend! Only problem is that i can't find the AWESOME replica Jack Sparrow pirate hat I made last year....twas complete with spray paint and antiqued by running the car over it. I spent a lot of time on that hat so I'd better find it!!

66- Laurel

67- Bernadette...matching crane and shirt:)

68- Jimmy..there's something on my head, you tell me? 

69- Marshall and the fedora


70- Amy
71- Mary

72- Erin

73- Rosemary

75- Matt

76- Eddie

79- Alex 

80- Jake from Party City..crane made out of a coupon. I even got him to wear a sombrero! 

Oh and I got a new hairstyle. You like??

Haha...just kidding:) 

I think the red suits pretty well. A Fine Frenzy look maybe?;) Gray hair could be the new thing too!

K, done with the wigs and back to cranes...

81- Becca

82- Librarian at the Carmel Library...can you tell I've been doing a lot of studying recently?=P

last but no least, no. 83 goes to Amy!

PEACE (cranes) y'all!!

PS. PLEASE do not judge me on my math skills of earlier posts! In case you didn't notice, 50 is not 0.05 percent of 1,000 (duh). That's what four years of high school math gives you..the inability to correctly calculate percentages=P or it could also be lack of sleep or complete stupidity. Either way:)

2 comments:

  1. hahaha! free cranes shirt would be peeerrrfect! you'd probably become famous, everyone will be doing this, and everyone would eat at chipotle. oh, and the speech is pretty good too. its pretty ...well clear enough as far as this goes ;) but definitely make the shirt, SUCH a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha def!;) you need to come on a crane-giving mission with me sometime!

    ReplyDelete