Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Another Earthquake...

CRANE COUNT: 126
DONATIONS: $33.10 (Japan fund)

So if you didn't realize, I am also trying to start a fund to help with the rebuilding of Christchurch, New Zealand after the devastating earthquake felt there in February of this year.  Since my dad was originally from New Zealand, a lot of my family (and friends) live there and I feel a very strong connection to NZ. My family and I have visited Christchurch many times..it was a beautiful city and will never be the same :/

Before/after the first earthquake- the CTV building in Christcurch

Before/after downtown

On Monday, another earthquake hit the city. At a 6.0 on the Richter scale, it was almost as strong as the one felt previously this year (a 6.3 and 7.1)- and some experts are predicting a 20% chance of more to come, along with the aftershocks already felt since Monday. Since it happened during the day, there are no reported deaths; however, the already devastated city has been even more severely damaged. Click here for a more in depth account...

If you would like to help, click on either of the following links and email me at chrispianist04@gmail.com to let me know how much you donated.

http://www.christchurchearthquakeappeal.govt.nz/
http://www.redcross.org.nz/donate

And here are some more cranes, of course!

118- Jennifer, who is going to major in fine arts next year! With her beautiful picture and green napkin crane.
121- Michelle


122- Melissa and the Ball State University map crane
123- Emily (and Mary, who I promised would get her own crane later!)
124- Maeleen. Orientation roomies!
125- Preston + mini yellow crane
126- Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment